Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year, New Middle-aged Me!

After years of procrastination - even though I firmly believe that raising small kids does count as a legitimate excuse not to get on with the best laid plans - I'm finally coming round to digging into my piles of prints and negatives, and sifting through years of digital photographs.

This was on my very first roll of 35mm film taken with my very first reflex camera, a Nikon FM: my great grand-mother on her 98th birthday and my 18th.
Louise Roussi, my great grand-mother

Thirty odd years later it still feels like a good portrait, I knew it then, the second I saw the contact sheet and I know it now. Sometimes I'm asked how you choose between lots of pix taken in the same session, and I'm always at a loss as to the "how"... your eye knows in a split second.

1 comment: